Stop the Discrimination of People with Disabilities
This project is focused on raising awareness about discrimination of people with disabilities
To raise awareness of discrimination against persons with disability and to strengthen the fight against discrimination of these people in the Municipality of Bitola. Raising the level of awareness among parents of persons with disabilities, and among high school students and young people about the mechanisms that exist for fighting against discrimination in our country. These mechanisms are made available through The Commission on Prevention and Protection against Discrimination (CPPD).
February 2023 – August 2023
– Seven months public campaign to raise awareness about discrimination against people with disabilities
– To raise awareness among school students from six schools in Bitola about the existence, recognition and prevention from discrimination against people with disabilities
– To train educational assistants and people from the professional services in the schools on the mechanisms to fight against discrimination
– Panel debate promoting the mechanisms for dealing with discrimination made possible by the CPPD.
– Campaign for raising awareness about discrimination of people with disabilities
– Training young people in local schools for peer-to-peer education on the subject of discrimination of people with disabilities
– Trainings of educational assistants in the schools about discrimination of people with disabilities
– Updating the professional services in the schools about the mechanisms that exist for fighting against discrimination in our country
– Final panel discussion, summary of all our activities and ending of the campaign.
Shared knowledge and learning about the forms of discrimination as well as recognition of discrimination against persons with disabilities among school children, educational assistants who work with them and the professional services in the schools. Raising awareness about the procedures and regulations in case of reported discrimination as they are they are indicated by CPPD. These procedures are adapted to the level of understanding appropriate to the age and abilities of each target group.
How to get involved?
Follow Poraka Nova website and social media channels for updates related with this project.
Supporters and Donors
The project is financed by the European Union.
Stay informed for the project implementation.
Peer Education for Primary and High School Students in Bitola, within the Project – Stop the dissemination against people with disabilities
The activities in the project “Stop discrimination of persons with disabilities” entered the next phase in May and June with the application of the acquired knowledge and the implementation of peer education in the involved primary and secondary schools in Bitola....
Radio appearance of Poraka Nova presenting the Stop the Discrimination against people with disabilities project
Representatives from Poraka Nova had guest appearance on UKLO FM 90.8 – Bitola, the University Radio last week, where they shared about the aim of the project "Stop discrimination against persons with disabilities" in which students, educational assistants and...
Calling all voices against discrimination! Your opinion matters, and it's time to make it heard. We need your help to combat discrimination and create a more inclusive society. Fill out this questionnaire and join us in our fight for equality! Click here -...
During our activities so far, four workshops have been held for students, one for the educational assistants in the schools involved in the project and one for the professional psychological-pedagogical services. The four workshops were attended by 12 students who...